* Brunei is the home to the largest residential palace in the world today.The Istana Nurul Iman is more than half a kilometre long and one-quarter of a kilometre wide, and has 1788 rooms - 338 mote than the vatican in Rome.
* "Flying Coffins" is the nickname given to the speedboats that ferry passenger from the local food stalls jetty in Jalan Residency, Bandar Seri Begawan to Bangar, in the Temburung District. The name sprung from the lacklustre interiors of the boat and theirs speed as they weave through the network od narrow mangrove-fridged waterways.
* The Proboscis Monkey (scientific name Nasalis Larvatus) also known as Bengkatan - is one of nature's most unlikely creatures,with an impossibly long nose, protruding belly and thick orange hair. Brunei is home to the world's largest population of these monkeys, with 10,000 still in the wild , thanks to its intact rain forest habitat.
* The amount of cars in Brunei is 3 times more than the population of Brunei.
* Brunei is 1 percent out of Borneo Island.wedged between the Malaysian Borneo States of Sabah and Sarawak.And Borneo Island is 3rd largest Island in the world.
* Almost 78 percent Brunei was still covered by jungle - a higher percentage than anywhere else in Asia.
* Brunei is not in the Middle East. It has often been confused with the other oil rich Gulf state of Bahrain. It is also sometimes confused with Bhutan in the Himalayas or Burundi and Dar Es Salaam in Africa! Brunei is the oldest Malay state on the island of Borneo.In fact, the name Borneo is an ancient derivative of the name Brunei.
* The sprawling Kampung Ayer, a water village on stilts , is home to an estimated 30,000 resident, about a quarter of the capital's population.The residents commute to work in an armada of creatively decorated water taxis which cross the river like brightly coloured dragonfly.labyrinthine town on stilts impressed the Magellan expedition in 1521
* Brunei also enjoying free income tax, free medication (just pay $1 for registration) , free education , low crime and free from typhoon and earthquake.
* The country is ruled according to Islamic values and traditions. It is a Malay Muslim monarchy with over 600 years of recorded history.
* Berjabat tangan dengan rakan-rakan dari perniagaan untuk menunjukkan rasa hormat antara satu sama lain.
# Sumber : cut and paste