Wednesday, January 24, 2018

SCOTLAND - Random

Scotland in random.

Pix taken in Culloden, Kyleakin and Oban.

Enjoice !

Today, Culloden Battlefield is under the care of the National Trust for Scotland, and its visitors' centre is a huge tourist attraction. A new interactive visitor centre has recently been built by the National Trust for Scotland and includes an interactive battle experience including an immersion film battle room. The state of the art visitor centre was officially opened to the public on 16 April 2008.

Apart from the battlefield, the most notable site in the surrounding area is the "clootie well," in Culloden Woods, where brightly coloured rags are hung as offerings from people wishing to be cured of ailments. A similar, and better known, well is near Munlochy. This tradition may be based on Celtic ceremonies, involving votive offerings to water spirits. The Cairns of Clava, a group of Bronze Age burial mounds, are located at Balnauran of Clava, about a mile south-east of the battlefield.











Situated on the eastern edge of the Isle of Skye, Kyleakin provides a good base for exploring the Cuillin mountains and the surrounding countryside.

The village is a site of a ruined 14th century Castle Moil located near the attractive harbour.

The town has a good range of hostels available, and a choice of guest houses, B&Bs and self-catering cottages to choose from.








Oban in Scottish Gaelic meaning The Little Bay) is a resort town within the Argyll and Bute council area of Scotland.

The site where Oban now stands has been used by humans since at least mesolithic times, as evidenced by archaeological remains of cave dwellers found in the town. Just outside the town stands Dunollie Castle, on a site that overlooks the main entrance to the bay and has been fortified since the Bronze age. Prior to the 19th century, the town itself supported very few households, sustaining only minor fishing, trading, shipbuilding and quarrying industries, and a few hardy tourists. The Renfrew trading company established a storehouse there in about 1714 as a local outlet for its merchandise, but a Custom-house was not deemed necessary until 1736 when "Oban being reckoned a proper place for clearing out vessels for the herring fishery".










Sekian.



I feel it in my fingers
I feel it in my toes
Love is all around me
And so the feeling grows
It's written on the wind
It's everywhere I go, oh yes it is
So if you really love me
Come on and let it show
You know I love you, I always will
My mind's made up by the
Way that I feel
There's no beginning,
There'll be no end
'cause on my love you can depend
I see your face before me
As I lay on my bed
I kinda get to thinking
Of all the things you said, oh yes I did
You gave your promise to me and i
Gave mine to you
I need someone beside me
In everything I do, oh yes I do
You know I love you, I always will,
My mind's made up by the
Way that I feel
There's no beginning,
There'll be no end
'cause on my love you can depend
Got to keep it moving
Oh it's written in the wind
Oh everywhere I go, yeah, oh well
So if you really love me, love me, love me
Come on and let it show
Come on and let it show
Come on and let it
Come on and let it (come and let it show, baby)
Come on, come on, come on let it show baby
Come on and let it show
Come on and let it show, baby
Come on and let it show

By bit (bit by bit, bit by bit)....

2 comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...