10 Cool Facts About Vancouver
- Vancouver was recently ranked as the third most “livable place in the world” for its high standard of living and quality of life. While it is ranked as the 10th cleanest city in the world.
- Vancouver has the 4th largest cruise ship terminal in the world.
- Home to Canada’s longest pool. Measuring 137.5 meters (451 feet), it is nearly the size of three Olympic pools. This outdoor, saltwater pool is a major tourist attraction and is open year round.
- Vancouver has the highest real estate prices in Canada. In 2011, the average price of a detached home was a staggering $1,204,587. Some say this is close to rivaling New York City and London.
- Vancouver is the largest film production center in North America after Los Angeles and New York City
- Stanley Park, an urban oasis, is 10% larger than New York City’s Central Park. It is a staggering 1001 acres.
- The Vancouver Aquarium ranks in the top 5 worldwide.
- Downtown Vancouver is 65% residential. Don’t be surprised to see a lot of high-rise condominiums.
- Vancouver has the mildest climate in Canada. Although, it receives on average, 1,589mm of rain per year.
- Greenpeace, one of the world’s oldest and most successful environmental groups was established in Vancouver.
Whistler memang menjadi tumpuan untuk main ski dan beristirehat
Postcards are mine, pic from internet.